Want a chill, low-commitment way to get involved in a lit mag? We are looking for volunteers for several different positions!
- Assistant Prose Editor: Assign and track submissions, coordinate with readers, and work with the Prose Editor to select and ready fiction, non-fiction and hybrid pieces for publication.
- Assistant Poetry Editor: Assign and track submissions, coordinate with readers, and work with the Poetry Editor to select and ready poetry and hybrid pieces for publication.
- Social Media Manager: Post on the Random Sample Twitter, Facebook and Instagram channels.
- Visual Art Curator: Seek out and solicit artwork and help us strategize how to get more visual art submissions.
- Prose readers: Respectfully and objectively read and vote on fiction, nonfiction and hybrid submissions assigned via Google Docs.
- Poetry readers: Respectfully and objectively read and vote on poetry submissions assigned via Google Docs.
- Must have internet access and be able to check email at least once per week
- Must be comfortable with self-directed work
- Must be willing to commit to working on at least two issues
All openings are unpaid, volunteer positions, but they may be listed on your resume/C.V. and we are willing to mentor if there are specific skills or experiences you’re hoping to gain. You’re welcome to apply for multiple roles!